Wills Lawyers Wokingham & Reading
“You can’t take it with you”, but you can do your best to ensure that those you love are well-looked after when you’re gone. A well-drafted and properly constituted Will gives you the peace of mind of knowing that your earthly possessions are distributed as you would like them to be on your passing. Our dedicated team at Clifton Ingram can help you with all aspects of Wills and Probate.
While it may seem a simple task at first, complications can arise in many circumstances, especially where:
- You share property with someone who isn’t your marital or civil partner;
- You want to leave property to someone who cannot care for themselves;
- You have several family members who may make claims on your Will;
- Your permanent home is outside of the UK;
- You have overseas property; or
- You have a business.
Clifton Ingram will prove invaluable in ensuring your will is entirely legal. This involves satisfying the following criteria:
- You must be over 18;
- The Will must be voluntary;
- You must be of sound mind;
- It must be in writing; and
- It must be witnessed by two witnesses over 18.
Reducing the liability to Inheritance Tax that may arise under the Will is a major concern and the expert solicitors at Clifton Ingram are ready to advise you in reducing your obligations to HM Revenue and Customs. There are ways to do this, which can include:
- Making a gift to your partner, a member of your family, or friends;
- Setting up and transferring property into a Trust;
- Giving something to charity; or
- Taking out life insurance.
If you are making a Will, you need to choose an Executor. This is the person that will distribute your estate according to the terms of the Will following your death. If you stand to inherit from a Will and there does not appear to be an Executor, or it does not seem as if the Executor is carrying out the Will as the deceased would have intended, contact our expert solicitors at Clifton Ingram today and we will help you secure your loved ones’ future.
The earlier in life that you draw up a Will, the more important it becomes to consistently review it and make sure it is up to date. We recommend reviewing your Will every five years in case it is in need of amendments. To amend a Will that has already been signed and witnessed, you need to sign a ‘codicil’. This is to incorporate and make allowances for any number of new developments, including:
- New children, relatives or friends entering the picture;
- You acquire more assets, or come into some money;
- You divorce or your partner passes away; or
- You simply change your mind.
“Clifton Ingram LLP Solicitors’ team provides ‘an excellent, personalised service; nothing is too much trouble’. Peter McGeown and Stephanie Rose are ‘committed, proactive and approachable'".
Legal 500 Directory
Clifton Ingram LLP Solicitor’s Wills & Inheritance team is one of the largest, most qualified and experienced in the area, with a reputation for delivering considered and practical advice combined with technical excellence.
Our team includes members of Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE) and The Law Society Private Client Section.
Contact our Wills & Probate Solicitors Wokingham, Reading, Berkshire & Across Thames Valley Today
Our solicitors at Clifton Ingram can advise you on all aspects of Wills and Probate. We are a highly experienced, proactive and down-to-earth team of solicitors; bringing a high quality and professional service to your local area. We regularly advise clients in Wokingham, Berkshire and the surrounding areas including Reading, Finchampstead, Ascot, Sunningdale, Virginia Water, Henley, Bracknell, Crowthorne, Maidenhead, Theale and Farnborough. Speak to one of our team today to see how we can help on 0118 978 0099. Our solicitors will move fast to find a solution personal to you.