Clifton Ingram LLP is one of the few firms outside of London to have a dedicated team of lawyers dealing with Will, Trust and Estate disputes. As a specialist and experienced team, we understand the sensitivities attached to this area of law and are ideally placed to assist should you be faced with such a dispute.
“The Knowledgeable Clifton Ingram LLP goes beyond the call of duty, particularly in contentious matters”
You may wish to contest a Will for one of a number of reasons, or you may not be happy with the way the estate is being administered. You may be experiencing difficulties with a trustee or feel that the trust funds are being misappropriated. You may be concerned at the way an attorney is dealing with the finances of an elderly relative or friend. Whatever the problem may be, one of our dedicated lawyers can help.
We advise beneficiaries, personal representatives, trustees, charities and professional advisors when disputes arise over Wills, trusts, estates and family arrangements including related professional negligence claims, litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
Disputes concerning Wills, trusts and estates (often referred to as ‘Contentious Probate’), have become increasingly common in recent years for a number of reasons: more complex family structures involving multiple long-term partners and spouses; an increased willingness to challenge the decisions of professional advisors; and an aging population with growing instances of Alzheimer’s and similar conditions. This is often fuelled by increases in the value of estates on the back of inflated property prices, only partly checked by the recession.
We act for professional and lay personal representatives and trustees as well as beneficiaries defending claims and individuals for whom the deceased’s Will or intestacy provides no or inadequate provision. The law relating to such cases, and the way they are handled, is complex and expert knowledge is required. We handle the following type of cases:
- Will disputes
- Claims relating to the validity of a Will
- Claims relating to undue influence, duress and fraud
- Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 claims where some family (or ex-family) members and dependants have the right to apply for a share, or a greater share, of the estate if a Will or intestacy does not make ‘reasonable financial provision’ for them
- Claims relating to intestacy
- Estate or ‘probate’ disputes to include those concerning the way an estate or trust is being administered
- Trust disputes
- Interpretation of the terms of Wills and trusts
- Rectification of Wills and trusts
- Proprietary Estoppel claims based on broken promises of inheritances
- Claims relating to EPAs and LPAs, Statutory Wills, Gift applications and other Court of Protection disputes
- Tax disputes
- Claims relating to negligently drafted Wills and Trusts and the misadministration of estates and trusts
Contact our Wills, Trusts and Estate Dispute Solicitors in Farnham, Reading & Wokingham Today
Our solicitors at Clifton Ingram can advise you on all aspects of Wills,Trusts and Estate Disputes. We are a proactive and down-to-earth team of highly experienced solicitors; bringing a high quality and professional service to your local area.
We regularly advise clients in Farnham, Reading, Wokingham and across all of Berkshire and the surrounding areas including Bracknell, Theale, Henley, Ascot, Crowthorne, Maidenhead, Camberley, Farnborough and Windsor. Speak to one of our team today to see how we can help on 0808 164 1510. Our solicitors will move fast to find a solution personal to you.