Reading Office: 0118 957 3425
Wokingham Office 0118 978 0099
Elderly Client Advice
We specialise in advising older clients and their families in the legal and practical issues that affect older people.
This can include:-
- Advice in relation to Powers of Attorney
- Applications to the Court of Protection (for example for the making of “statutory” Wills or lifetime gifts where individuals have lost mental capacity
- Applications for Deputyship Orders where an individual has lost capacity and there is no valid Powers of Attorney
- Advising upon long term care funding and asset protection
- “Top Up” fees and deferred payment agreements for the funding of long term care
In all cases we put the interests of our client first and provide firm and effective advocacy for older clients at a time when failing health and mental skills can make them particularly vulnerable and when the problems facing them can be particularly difficult to resolve.
Solicitors for the Elderly (“SFE”)
SFE is the organisation representing solicitors specialising in the field of elder client law and advice. Members specialise not just in tax, wills and probate but in also mental capacity, the funding of long term care, state and local authority benefits and all other issues of law and practice which particularly affect the older client. We have a number of full members in our team, including Partners Peter McGeown and Stephanie Rose. Stephanie is regional Co ordinator for the Berkshire Branch of the SFE and sits on the Board of Directors at National level.
Partner, Tax Planning, Wills & Probate