Robert has over 25 years of experience in advising upon employment law and matters of a litigious nature. Robert advises upon a wide range of different disputes including contentious probate, contractual disputes, consumer disputes, personal injury and medical negligence.
Many disputes involve issues of a sensitive nature and Robert is very experienced at handling such claims in a sympathetic and caring manner.
Robert qualified as a solicitor in 1995. He has a degree in Accounting and Law from the University of Kent and completed the CPE and Law Society Finals at the College of Law in Guildford.
Robert has acted extensively for both employers and employees in respect of claims for redundancy, unfair dismissal, wrongful dismissal, TUPE transfers, sex discrimination, race discrimination and age discrimination. For employers, he also drafts contracts of employment, in house policies and settlement agreements and advises upon the employment law issues arising from the purchase, sale and transfer of a business.
Dispute Resolution and Litigation
Robert has extensive experience of advising and acting upon Will disputes and contentious probate and in particular advises upon claims under the Inheritance (Provision for family and Dependants) Act 1975, challenges to wills, proprietary estoppel claims and claims concerning beneficial interest/ constructive trusts. Examples of the cases that Robert has acted upon include:
- Securing a successful outcome for an individual for a payment from the estate of her late partner, with whom she had lived for over 20 years, but whom she never married and who had died without making a will, which meant that she would not inherit under the intestacy rules as she was not married.
- Securing a successful outcome for an individual for a payment out of his father’s estate for reasonable financial provision, as his father had left him out of the will.
Robert also advises and acts for both individuals and companies upon a wide range of litigious disputes including contractual disputes.
Robert is a firm advocate of endeavouring to resolve disputes without the need to issue court proceedings and regularly assists client is settling their disputes and claims by alternative methods, the most common of which is mediation, which can significantly reduce the costs involved.
Medical/Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury
Robert is a member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) and acts on behalf of individuals who have suffered as a result of medical negligence, such as surgical errors, misdiagnosis, dental negligence, cosmetic surgery claims, errors in prescriptions and anaesthetic mistakes. Robert also acts for individuals in claims for compensation for injuries sustained as a result of accidents they have been involved in and that arose as a result of the negligence of others such as road traffic accidents, accidents at work and accidents in a public place.
Examples of cases that Robert has dealt with are:
- Obtained compensation for an individual who had to have part of his foot amputated as a result of negligent treatment provided to him whilst in hospital.
- Secured compensation for an individual where paramedics failed to diagnose sepsis resulting in a lengthy stay in hospital, near loss of life and significant loss of future earnings as a result of ongoing issues following discharge from hospital.
- Obtained significant compensation for an individual who suffered life changing injuries in the form of a partial leg amputation as the result of a motorcycle accident.