Auto-Enrolment For SMEs has arrived...
Auto-enrolment is part of a comprehensive overhaul of the UK pensions system. Employers have a legal duty to comply with these new rules.
Employers are being brought into the new regime using different ‘staging dates’. Those with 50 to 249 jobholders have staging dates between 1 April 2014 and 1 April 2015. For this group of ‘stagers’ non-compliance with the new legislation can lead to a fine of up to £2,500 per day!
Employers with less than 50 jobholders, and new businesses, have staging dates between 1 June 2015 and 1 February 2018.
Join Clifton Ingram Solicitors and the Employee Benefits Partnership at a free workshop that will provide a practical insight into implementing auto-enrolment.
Date: 1 May 2013
Topics covered will include:
- Changes to Employment law and how they affect you including:
- Tribunal Claims – introduction of financial penalties on employers and mandatory pre-claim conciliation via Acas
- New approach to sickness absence
- Shared parental leave
- Extension of the right to request flexible working to all employees
- Understanding changes to workplace pension law - if you already have a pension scheme, you'll need to change it, if you don't have a scheme yet, you'll need to set one up.
- Minimising impact of pension auto-enrolment on your business and budgeting for the additional costs.
- How auto-enrolment impacts on probationary periods, contracts of employment and employee consultation.
- Update on the Government’s red-tape review.
Who should attend:
Business owners, managers and HR professionals with responsibility for issues arising from the employer-employee relationship.
To reserve your place, or for more information, please contact Melissa Baxter on email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0118 912 0210.