Probate & Estate Administration Lawyers Wokingham, Reading & Farnham
Administering an estate can be onerous. Even where the estate is relatively modest complications can arise and the work is always “paper heavy” and demands a great deal of time and care.
Being an Executor or Administrator of an estate can be hard work and it carries personal liability if anything is not done correctly, or if important legal points are missed. For example HM Revenue and Customs can impose severe financial penalties for comparatively trivial errors made in estate tax returns. Let our dedicated team assist you with all aspects of the administration of an estate whether or not there is a Will, whether the estate be small or large or somewhere in between.
Our team can guide you through all the procedures which can include:-
- Confirming the validity of a Will
- Advising you on who inherits where there is no valid Will
- Registering the death with numerous third parties and arranging for assets and liabilities to be valued
- Completing tax returns and accounts for HM Revenue and Customs
- Advising you on the payment and mitigation of Inheritance Tax
- Obtaining the Grant of Representation
- Advising on all aspects of Trusts
- Dealing with UK tax matters
- Advising on debts of the estate and your responsibilities as executors/administrators to ascertaining and paying estate liabilities
- Advising on foreign assets
- Advising on disputes e.g. with executors, beneficiaries, family member, HM Revenue & Customs
- Realising and transferring estate assets including property and stock exchange based investments
- Preparing estate accounts
- Locating and identifying beneficiaries
- Dealing with the distribution of the estate
- Advising upon the distribution of estates in a tax efficient manner taking into account the needs of the beneficiaries with an eye to tax mitigation including, for example, the use of Deeds of Variation
For details on how we charge for our uncontested probate services please see our pricing page here.
Our solicitors at Clifton Ingram can advise you on all aspects of Probate. We are a proactive and down-to-earth team of highly experienced solicitors; bringing a high quality and professional service to your local area. We regularly advise clients in Wokingham, Reading and Farnham and across all of Berkshire and the surrounding areas including Bracknell, Theale, Henley, Ascot, Crowthorne, Maidenhead, Camberley, Farnborough and Windsor. Speak to one of our team today to see how we can help on 0808 164 1510. Our solicitors will move fast to find a solution personal to you.