Agricultural and rural property, although technically commercial property since it is used to generate a profit, are different to all other forms of property. This is because such land is often very large and may be subject to interests in it that extend quite a way back. As an asset class, it cannot be readily parcelled into categories as to yield, planning, tax or investment attributes. The expert commercial property department at Clifton Ingram has expertise in advising you with respect to owning, investing in and running rural property – from rural land to estates.
If you are considering purchasing rural land, for instance, then due to its unique nature there are a number of considerations you will need to bear in mind, such as:
- The boundaries and extent of the land (with rural land; hedges, fences and ditches can confuse the situation);
- Party Walls under the Party Wall etc. Act 1996;
- Any rights benefiting the property or adverse rights affecting it (including sporting rights, manorial rights, commons rights or rights of light);
- Title policies;
- Access to neighbouring land;
- Access to and from the property;
- Physical condition (including structural or inherent defects, liability to flooding etc);
- Contents, including that which may be removed;
- Utilities and services;
- Fire safety and means of escape;
- Planning and building regulations;
- Statutory agreements and infrastructure;
- Environmental requirements; and
- Rates and other outgoings.
At Clifton Ingram, our dedicated, experienced commercial property solicitors understand the issues and considerations when it comes to rural property, we can help with:
- Purchase and sale of rural property;
- Secured lending on rural properties;
- Overage/clawback (we can help you obtain further payments from a developer who purchases some of the rural property and obtains planning permission for it);
- Development agreements, including Option Agreements;
- Renewable energy projects;
- Access to land; and
- Farming business succession planning.
Contact our Agricultural & Rural Estate Solicitors in our Wokingham and Reading, Thames Valley offices
Our solicitors at Clifton Ingram can advise you on all aspects of commercial property law. We are a proactive and down-to-earth team of highly experienced solicitors; bringing a high quality and professional service to your local area. We regularly advise clients across the South East, including Berkshire, Hampshire, Oxfordshire, Surrey, Wiltshire and London. Speak to one of our team today to see how we can help on 0118 978 0099. Our solicitors will move fast to find a solution personal to you.