Robert has over 20 years of experience in advising upon matters of a litigious nature. Robert advises upon a wide range of different disputes including contractual disputes, consumer disputes, contentious probate, personal injury, medical negligence and employment law.
Many disputes involve issues of a sensitive nature and Robert is very experienced at handling such claims in a sympathetic and caring manner.
Robert qualified as a solicitor in 1995. He has a degree in Accounting and Law from the University of Kent and completed the CPE and Law Society Finals at the College of Law in Guildford.
Amongst some of the cases that Robert has dealt with are:
- Contentious Probate: Secured a successful outcome for a lady for a payment from the estate of her late partner, with whom she had lived for over 20 years, but whom she never married and who had died without making a will, which meant that she would not inherit under the intestacy rules as she was not married.
- Contentious Probate: Secured a successful outcome for an individual for payment out of his father’s estate for reasonable financial provision, as his father had left him out of the will.
- Possession: Acted for trustees in bankruptcy to secure a possession order upon a property jointly owned by a bankrupt and his partner.
- Debts: Negotiated a significantly reduced settlement for a client that had entered into personal guarantees for significant sums to a major bank.
- Consumer: Successfully pursued an installer of Kitchens, for a defective installation.
- Contract Dispute: Successfully acted for a commercial client in a contractual dispute with a supplier over the quality of equipment supplied and installed and its fitness for purpose.
"Robert Cherry ‘gives advice in clear language without jargon and gets straight to the point’. He deals with antecedent transactions and asset retrievals and also defends directors against wrongful trading or preference claims”. Legal 500 - 2018/19 Edition
Robert is based in Clifton Ingram’s Wokingham office.