Reading Office: 0118 957 3425
Wokingham Office 0118 978 0099
Corporate Recovery & Insolvency
The Corporate Recovery and Insolvency team has extensive experience in corporate and personal insolvency and provides advice and assistance to all those affected by insolvency issues reacting quickly and effectively to ensure that our clients needs are met.
Ranked in Legal 500, the team contains specialists in both contentious and non-contentious aspects of insolvency law and advises on all aspects of insolvency based work from rescue and reconstruction, administrations, receiverships and liquidations, through to voluntary arrangements and bankruptcies.
Benefiting from close links to local insolvency practitioners, banks and asset based lenders we can advise on the re-financing and re-structuring of businesses with the aim of avoiding insolvency and on formal insolvency procedures when this is not possible.
We are able to draw on the resources of other teams within the firm on issues such as debt recovery, employment and commercial property and regularly act for insolvency practitioners, funders, charge holders, investors, shareholders, creditors, debtors, partnerships, directors, companies and LLPs.
We regularly act for insolvency practitioners, funders, charge holders, creditors, debtors, partnerships, directors, companies and LLPs on:
- Bringing and defending statutory demands and winding up petitions
- Company voluntary arrangements
- Law of Property Act /fixed charge receiverships
- Advising on the validity of office holder appointments
- Validity and enforceability of security
- Acting on the sale and purchase of the business and assets of insolvent companies
- Technical advice on insolvency legislation
- Bringing and defending wrongful/fraudulent trading, transactions at an undervalue and preference claims
- Retention of title claims
- Recovery of assets
- Bringing and defending misfeasance claims against directors
- Landlords claims for rent and other payments under leases
Click here for details of the Corporate Recovery and Insolvency team.
Read Barry Niven’s article on Director’s Duties here.