Commercial Lawyers Wokingham & Reading
Commercial contracts are vital to the success of a business. Our commercial team understands how important it is to ensure that our clients’ commercial objectives are met, whilst avoiding getting entrenched in inconsequential issues. That is why we pride ourselves on delivering clear, practical and pragmatic advice that works for you and gets the deal done.
Fundamental to this is getting to the heart of our clients’ business. It is not possible to draft or negotiate a robust contract suitable for your needs without really getting to know your business and truly understanding your requirements and objectives. By spending time in dong this, not only do we build strong and long lasting relationships with our clients, but it enables us to develop the type of understanding which is essential to a successful commercial transaction.
We advise all types of businesses across numerous sectors and our clients range from start-ups and SMEs to subsidiaries of overseas companies and large corporates. Our commercial lawyers have extensive expertise in the following areas:
- Franchising, agency and distribution
- Consultancy and sub-contracting agreements
- Terms and conditions for the supply of goods and services
- Consumer law
- Intellectual property
- Website development
- Mobile application licensing
- Cloud computing
- Data protection and privacy
- Commercial ventures
- Manufacturing licences
Our Expertise and Experience
As well as drafting bespoke terms and conditions for numerous clients throughout the year, recent experience includes:
- Advising a website design and development company on a number of commercial matters including drafting, advising on and negotiating a website development agreement with a contract value of approximately £800,000 per annum, and advising on the rebranding of its business including trade mark protection and registration with the Intellectual Property Office.
- Advising the largest independent timber, building & fencing supplier in the South East (with a group turnover of over £90,000,000) on a number of commercial matters including: advising on a venture with an American software and services provider for exclusive marketing and distribution rights of certain products; drafting terms and conditions of trading for numerous companies within the group; advising on the Consumer Credit regime.
- Acting for a large UK manufacturer on its licensing of patents and trademarks in a newly developed agricultural machinery product to a manufacturer and distributor within the United States, Canada and Mexico. Advice included drafting an international distribution agreement; competition law consideration; and clear-headed and pragmatic trans-Atlantic negotiations.
- Advising a UK subsidiary of a large Czech software company on the rollout of its new cloud-based content management platform. Advice included working with lawyers across the EU to produce uniformity of contract terms between member states whilst ensuring compliance with domestic laws.
- Acting for a UK-based distributor of large-scale construction equipment on an international dealership agreement for distribution rights in Russia.
- Drafting and advising on an international franchise agreement.
- Drafting and advising on a mobile application licensing agreement between a software developer and a well-known retail brand.
We give practical advice, tailored to the commercial circumstances and requirements of your business venture and have been recognised in the Legal 500 as having an experienced team with a “very hands-on approach”. Speak to one of our team today about our services; we can help you find a solution. Call us free on 0118 978 0099.